We're rooted in the Lowcountry.
In the season of tailgating, we decided to throw our own - the Charleston way. A back lot lowcountry boil. Whether you plan to be at the game or on the water, we got you covered. Make sure to enjoy with cold beer and some friends.
What you'll need:
- 4 Tsp Old Bay Seasoning per quart of water
- 12 ears of sweet or yellow corn, cut into 3 sections
- 6 lbs red potatoes, cut into quarters
- 5-6 lbs fresh shrimp with head off in the shell
- 3-4 lbs smoked sausage
- Fill up a large stock pot with removable strainer with water until half full
- Bring water to a boil and add in Old Bay seasoning
- Once the water is boiling, add in red potatoes and cook for approx. 15-20 minutes
- Add smoked sausage and corn and cook for another 10 minutes
- Add in fresh shrimp and cook for 2-3 minutes
- Turn off your burner and allow the water to cool for 15-20 minutes
- Remove strainer with ingredients and pour onto a platter or directly onto a table wrapped with brown paper or newspaper
- Enjoy with friends and family